Saturday, May 16, 2009

Our first call to poison control!!

Sam has learned how to climb the stairs. - AHHHHH The closest she really has ever come to them in the past is the landing on the stairs in the kitchen. Thursday when I had her at Stonebriar mall, she climbed all over the play area. Well Friday, turned out to be a day of firsts!! Our first call to poison control & her first trip up the stairs. what will be next:))? We were at home Friday morning with a million things to do. I was going to wait for her to wake up so we could go get stuff for Tonya's shower and then head over to the store for the afternoon parties. Don't ever make plans when you have kids because they never work out. Of course she did not want to take a nap. I am guessing she is about ready to drop that morning nap. Anyway, after letting her cry it out for a while, I decided to get her up and head out. As I was wrapping a few things up, she came out of the bedroom with the bottle of foam hand sanitizer from the hospital. She was sucking on it and had it all over her face. I quickly grabbed her up and headed to the sink. I tried my best to get it our of her mouth and eyes, but I am sure you can imagine how well that went. I started looking at the bottle and it said to call poison control immediately if ingested. Fortunately, it wasn't a major thing. The lady told me to wash out her mouth really well, and get her to drink something sweet since the alcohol in the sanitizer would drop her blood sugar. In my process of trying to wash out her mouth the second time, I ended up dropping her in a bowl of water in the sink. That really made her mad, so she wasn't about to drink anything. It was such a mess!! With all of that going on, Todd decided to come work the rest of the day from home - thanks GOD for small favors. While she was home with Todd, she disappeared. He searched the house for her and finally decided to check upstairs. He found her in her bedroom playing. Oh the joys will never end. Now we are spending the days trying to keep track of her, and make sure she isn't going to hurt herself. That means the next job is teaching her how to come down properly so she won't get hurt. You can see in the video that she has mastered going up quite well:)

This last week, we bit the bullet and decided to buy Sam a swing set( with a little, no a lot of help from Granma and Pops). We had considered buying her the swing and slide castle for her b-day. After a lot of thought and consideration, we nixed the idea. It just seemed like a lot of money to spend on something that she would outgrow so quickly. Toy-R-Us was having a big outdoor sale, so we began trying to decide which one we wanted. Because we waited so late, they were out of almost everything. It is a little big for her now, but she can enjoy the swing, and the slide with a little help. Eventually, she will grow into the rest of it. We got Dean to help us go pick it up, but now we have to find the time to put it together!! I told Todd that I didn't want it to be July before we got it together, but the reality of the situation is that it probably will be. We are so busy with life, the store and work that we just don't have a lot of free time, and it is not exactly something that I can help him do!!

Today, was also Tonya's bridal shower. It was a lot of fun. Tamara, Lisa, Elizabeth and I got together Friday evening to prep everything, and had a fun little slumber party. We used to have more time in our olives to do that all the time, so it was fun to hang out with the girls. The shower turned out very nice, and it was a lot of fun to celebrate our friend. Tamara had a great idea, that we all write down memories with have with Tonya and then while she was opening presents we read them. She had to guess whose memory they were. That was a lot of fun, and was great to hear other peoples memories as well. We are really looking forward to the wedding this summer. They are such a cute little couple and we are so very happy for them!! Congratulations!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

It does get a little crazy when they start moving!!! I am on the move all day chasing Holden! Miss you guys!