Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I hope everyone had a fantastic Mother's Day. I have been waiting since Tuesday to open Sam's mother's day present that she made at school. It was so sweet! She made a flower. The petals were her feet, and the leaves were her hands. In the middle was her spring school picture. On the back was a sweet little poem:
Mommy, I love You
Mommy, I know you love me by the way you show you care. You hug me and talk to me softly; when I need you, you're always there. Mommy, I'll love you always from my heart, I want to say I'm so glad you are my mommy; Happy Mother's Day!
Just got to love that little girl.

We went to church this morning, and then headed over to Ft. Worth for brunch at Blue Mesa with the family. Unfortunately, Todd got a really bad migraine, so that kind of spoiled the day. he spent lunch in the car sleeping, and once we got home, the rest of the day in bed. I on the other hand we out and cleaned out the front flower beds. The shrubs desperately, needed to be trimmed. I know it may not be the right time of year, but oh well. Today was the day!! I cut through an extension cord in the process - oops:). It all turned out well in the end!! Of course I may have gotten a little carried away with a few of them, but they will grow back:)

Happy Mother's Day to you all.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I am sorry Todd had a migraine. I had to laugh when I pictured him sleeping in the car, though. It reminded me of our Vegas breakfast when he went and slept in the car!

Amy said...

Todd got a migraine on the way to Fort Worth???? Go figure! LOL!!!!!!