Saturday, May 9, 2009

April updates

Life has been so hectic lately, I haven't had time to do much blogging. Keeping up with Sam, my personal chef business and BounceU leaves little time for much else. Sam is growing so fast. Once she started walking, there has been no stopping her. That is her favorite mode of transportation these days. Once she took that first step on her own, she completely gave up crawling. She absolutely hates for you to hold her hand anymore. She gets quite mad if you try. Her other favorite thing is playing outside. Todd's sister brought her Matthews old slide. She wasn't really sure about it at first, but now she really enjoys it. That and playing with the rose bush and in the dirt:) Yesterday, she was determined to climb up the slide the wrong way. She has mastered climbing up the right way, but I haven't been able to get her to walk back around. She is determined to go up backwards. I wish I had the camera. She was so dead set on making it. It took a couple of tries and she finally made it. Now she has no problem walking all the way around to go up the right way. She not stubborn or anything !! She is also learning to use a spoon. She is getting pretty good. I haven't gotten video yet, just a few pics. I am not willing to give her that much control just yet:)I really just don't want to clean up the mess.
Here is a recap of our April - after our anniversary celebration.
Sam went to her first crawfish boil(Erik's b-day party), and she is her daddys daughter. She probably ate about 20 or more. It was pretty funny. She would eat them as fast as Todd could peel them. It was really nice to feel normal again.
We also we to the mall again for a mall date with Amy and the gang. Unfortunately, her trip got cut short because craig got sick. Sam and I ended up being at the mall for 4 hours for a simple brake job. - not fun, but Sam was a real trooper. We also made a Thursday trip to Canton with Lisa and Maggie. I've never gone on a Thursday, but I think it is my new favorite day to go. Sam enjoyed being able to show off her new walking talent. My friend Amanda got married during April and had a big reception last weekend. We got invited to that and boy was it fun. The food was great, they band was fun. That is definitely the way to do it. I was so happy to have been invited. Last Thursday, was the first National Mom's Nite Out. Todd and Sam ran the store, and I had a night out with the girls. We went to the studio movie grill in Addison, for the North Tx Kids Moms Nite Out event. Me, Jillian, Lisa and Amy met up there and enjoyed some pizza and the movie Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. I hadn't heard very good reviews about it, but I thought it was pretty cute. Best part of all was that I won the big door prize. over $900 in goodies. $500 gift certificate to Ideal Image, $25 to Build a Bear, $150 to One Step Ahead, a bottle of tequila, a mothers day precious moments, gourmet coffee and another gift card that I can't remember. WHOOHOO!! I never win anything.
This weekend is mothers day, so we will see what Todd has planned. Sam, made me a present at school, but I haven't been allowed to open it just yet. I can't wait for tomorrow.
Here are a few pics of Sam to catch you up.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You know you've won too much stuff when you can't remember everything you won!!! LOL!!! Spread the wealth! Ha!

Amanda got married? Or is this another Amanda?