I am so behind, but I guess that is what being sick will do. I am feeling a lot better, not 100% but definitely better. We took Sam back to the doc last Sat. She appeared to be getting better then she was all congested again. We took her in and he said she had a sinus infection. We got some antibiotics and wow - what a difference. In just one day she was so much better. By Tuesday, she had no signs of anything - no congestion, no fever etc.. Well yesterday morning she woke up on snotty again. This morning it was so gross!! Green and goopy. We are headed back in this afternoon to see what the problem is. Oh the Drama!!
Sunday, we were able to go through with Sam's dedication. It was a great day. We had a big group of friends and family in to help celebrate. She will look back on this day and see just how loved she is. Thanks to everyone that came out to make this an extra special occasion. We really appreciate your love and support!! TOdd's friend Jerri got Sam a pretty, smocked white dress for the occassion. She looked so pretty!
Tuesday, night I had Bunco and we went to Maggianos. I know what you are thinking. We still call it bunco, but we haven't played in a while. W can't all seem to show up so that we can play, so we just get together and eat. Wednesday, night I had my personal chef holiday dinner. We went to a place called charlie Palmer at the joule Hotel in Downtown Dallas. As usual we did a chef's tasting. I love doing these because I get to try a lot of things I would probably never eat. Her was our menu:
Lobster corndogs
Surf and Swine - pan seared sea scallop and fried pork belly
Fresh Alaskan Halibut w/oyster mushrooms in a soy reduction
Foi Gras (sp) w/habanero carrot cake
Squab w/aged pan fried prosciutto sausage
Blue cheese crusted filet and 23 day aged sirloin with bone marrow
various aged meats (duck ham, bison sausage and many more)
this was served with a creamy polento, baby shitake mushrooms and sea beans, roasted potatoes, and pom frites
Pre dessert - yes pre-dessert was assorted chocolate truffle lollipops
Real dessert was a variety
Variety of sorbets and ice creams(strawberry mint, lychee, ricotta, vanilla and chocolate)
caramelized apple cheesecake, banana flan, bread pudding, peanut butter bar cake, chocolate donut holes - YUMMY!! and a couple of others.
All of this came with a wine pairing for each course. It was wonderful. I had a hard time with the bone marrow, I think just because of what it was. I couldn't get past the mental part of it all.
All in all it was fun and fancy. I enjoy getting together for this every year.
Thursday I spent driving around, dropping fliers to local HS for our Dec BU interviews. I am starting to get some calls, so that is exciting. I also met with and chose our pizza vendor. i am very excited about this venture. They are so nice, and it is going to be so much better than fast food pizza. It is called Goodfellas. It is a New York based company. Last year they won the Food Network pizza challenge. One of the owners moved here to Texas and opened one in carrollton. It was just voted the best pizza in Dallas. It is a brick oven pizza place, so Pizza Hut just can't compete!!. His name is Sal and he is just what you would expect.
Tomorrow is my Birthday, so Todd is taking me out for a special evening. Next week we are going to celebrate with my family and do the turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning.
The pictures are in no specific order, but enjoy!!

No comments:
Post a Comment