Friday, November 7, 2008

Our new enemy - RSV

Well it is official, Sam has RSV. I took her to the dr this morning. She had a little congestion last night. i thought I would see what it was like this morning.

Lovely - right? I decided that I should take in my little snot factory. The Doctor confirmed that she does have RSV. yes it can be pretty bad for infants and small children, but it doesn't have to be. He listened to her lungs and looked at her ears. He said they looked and sounded excellent. This is good news. Because she is 7 months old, he said it could just simply be a cold for her. - That is what we are praying!! Since it is Friday, he sent us home with a breathing machine and a prescription for the meds. He said, hopefully, it will sit in the corner and collect dust, but he would rather us have it in case we need it. Right now, she is completely happy watching her baby monet. She loves that one. She just laughs and laughs at those puppets. I get such a kick out of watching her have so much fun. She is not running any fever and has not developed a cough. Again, we just pray that she does not. So long as it does not get any worse, he said she should be good to go in a week. Until then we will get suctioning snot from her nose - you know that is my favorite thing to do - NOT!! I can handle a lot, but I think the snot sucking grosses me out the most. We are just keeping a close eye on her for now. If she gets a bad cough or starts having problems breathing, we need to take her in ASAP. So far you wouldn't even know she was sick, except for the picture above!! On a serious note, we appreciate your prayers for our precious girl. We certainly don't want to See her suffer.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Mmmm....good! That is so gross! Poor baby had it running down her lips. I hope she gets better soon and it doesn't get serious.

Rebecca said...

I am soo sorry she is sick!!! hopefully the weekend will go smoothly and Sam will be feeling better soon=)