SO we have obviously been a little busy!! So much has been going on. Sam and I took a trip to college Station with Vickie the last week in July. While she had her orientation, Sam and I chased birds around the A&M campus:))
At the end of July we headed up to Maine for Tonya and Sean's wedding. It was a nice little get away for us. We rented a little "cottage" with Toby and Lisa and Vickie and Dean. It was definitely an experience we won't forget. Who knew you had to ask if there was running water. There was, but it came out of the lake so you couldn't brush our teeth or cook with it. Apparently, that is quite common for lake houses up there. All in all the trip was great. We spent a few days in Bar Harbor, did a little bike riding, went to the Maine Lobster festival and ate some lobster, did some candle pin bowling and went to a wedding. The wedding was really beautiful!! After a year of waiting, it was well worth it.
While we were gone, Sam stayed Granma and Pops. It was her first time spending real time with them. It has always just be a day here or there, and always with us. I was very glad that she got to spend a little quality time bonding with them. I know she had a lot of fun, but we definitely missed her!! I think that is the longest we have ever been away from her.
Then we had to get back to the real world. Back to Bounce U and Dr. Pepper. Since we have been back, Sam has had a few accidents!! She fell off the bench at the store and hit her tooth pretty hard. I originally thought she cut her lip, but then discovered it was bleeding from her tooth/gums. We ended up having to take her to the dentist - her first trip and hopefully lase for a while. No permanent damage. It was a little wiggly, but it is already firming back up. That was Tuesday, and on Thursday we were in College Station helping Vickie get her classroom in order. We were just about ready to head home when Sam fell off the chair (yes I win the mother of the year award:))) There was so much blood and then we thought she bit all the way through her lip. She was crying, there was blood every where and she would not let me get close at all to check it out. She was sooooo tired. Once she finally fell asleep, we were able to clean it up. Thankfully, she did not bite all the way through. She had her lip tucked in between her teeth and cut it on the inside and out. We are so grateful that it wasn't worse.
This last weekend, Sam and I went to Izzie's 2nd b-day while Todd worked a BU event at Papa Murphy's pizza. Then we spent the evening over in FtW for Ryan's 13th b-day. - WOW - when did he grow up so much?? He had a great birthday and got his first shotgun from granma and pops!! Thats a big responsibility and he was soo excited!! I think that just about catches us up for a while.
Here are a few pics to catch up us!!

No comments:
Post a Comment