Sunday, August 30, 2009

Garage Door Trouble

Friday was a crazy day!! Sam and I needed to be at the store by 9:30. We had two big groups coming in at 10:00. I got Sam loaded in the car and tried to open the door. Not luck. the spring had broken and the cables snapped. That meant I had no way to get the door up. We were stuck at home. i called joni and she also was having car troubles. i couldn't get a hold of Pam and Debra was at the doctor with her father in law. That left our new lady, Juanita. She had one day of training. When it rains it pours. In the end, Todd left work. I took his car, and got to the store about 10 min late, and just in time for the major insanity!! I will be glad to get her fully trained, and look forward to all the help she will be for us.
Earlier in the week, we went to the Dallas World Aquarium. It was a lot of fun. Sam loved seeing all the birds, fish, turtles and so much more. I wasn't really sure how she would react to it all, but she had a blast. We got to see river otters, feed the toucans, see penguins and watch them feed the shark. She really loved the manatee and big sea turtles. As much as she loves the birds, she wasn't as into feeding them. It scared her a little. Honestly, it was a little frightening for me too. those toucans have big beaks!! Todd had his national growth meeting this week and stayed downtown at the Hyatt. Sam and I stayed with him on Monday.

Saturday, I Sam and I went to Sophie's 4th birthday party at Metroplex gymnastics. Sam had a great time. She discovered the trampoline and had a ball.
She is getting very good at climbing up to her slide, both on the rock wall and the ladder. I am so shocked. I never thought she would get it that fast. We have to go out every night and spend time swinging and sliding.

She will be starting school this week. I hope it goes well. I just found out this morning at church that she sometimes has to go for rides in the buggy:( I always thought she was happy and having a good time. They never tell us she has to ride in the buggy. We found out today because Todd was pushing the buggy!! Anyway, I hope she will enjoy school as much this year as she did last. She has two very nice teachers that we met last week. There will be 7 kids in her class this year. Last year there were 3. She loves other kids, and I know it will be good for her social skills.
I am also signing her up for the Tiny Tot Tunes class. We will do it together. It is 1 day a week up at her school. She really loves music, and I am so excited to be able to do something with her. It is $40 for the whole semester. I think that is pretty good. It is like kindermusik or gymboree, but with church songs. I have heard really good things about the program, so we will see.

She is still as independent as ever, and so dramatic. She is also starting to throw a few fits when she doesn't get her way. I did not realize this started so early on. We are going to get this under control before it gets too bad. She has started hitting herself in the head when she gets mad at me. I hope this is just a phase she will grow out of soon. She was getting very good at giving kisses, and now she has decided that all kisses should be blown. She will touch your face and say mmmmmaw, but that is about all you get now:(
I am starting boot camp this week, so pray I don't injure myself:) we are going to Aggieland this weekend for my 15 year reunion!! Boy am I OLD!!

No comments: