School is officially out, and even though the official start to summer will not arrive until mid month, you would never know it by the weather. It is hot hot hot and I can only imagine how it will just get worse. Sam had her last day of school on June 3rd. She is going to miss it. She really enjoyed going and playing with all the kids. She had some really awesome teachers, and they are going to miss her. She was their little princess. Fortunately her school has a summer program in July, so she will get to go one day then. She is a girl on the go, NO DOUBT! Don't turn your back on her for one minute or she won't be there. She still loves Elmo, and now her other favorite is Grover. Her vocabulary is increasing. She has been saying Mommy, Daddy, bye bye and doggie for a while now. We have added Elmo - Momo, Boz(her green bear), hot and ice. Every once in a while she will say Please - peas and thank you - ank ooo. She understands a lot more than I give her credit for. The other day I ask if she wanted to take a bath and she marched straight to the tub and helped me turn on the water. She knows what it means to "go for a walk", and when she is super fussy I tell her to go outside, and she will go to the backdoor and try to open it. She has certainly mastered the stairs. After on small fall, she is much more cautious on the way down. However, yesterday at BounceU she was climbing up the ladder after Todd. I don't think we are ready to let her go with that one!!, but she climbed her way to the top with no help. She is having a ball playing in the backyard these days. She would play out there for hours, if I wasn't worried that she would get burnt to a crisp. We have been loading up on the sunscreen and so far so good. We fill up her pool and she plays around in it,and on her slide. Hopefully someday soon Daddy will get her new swing set up. We had a hold on that while Todd was deciding if we were going to be moving. Fortunately, the moving is on hold for at least a year or hopefully more. Last update on Sam is that she has a new tooth!! Number 5 has poked it cute little head through now and I think #6 is right behind it.

My sweet girl loves her Sunglasses. She wants to be just like mommy and daddy!
We got to spend a little time with my cousin Chris this week. Todd was out of town on business, so Chris came over to hang out with Sam and I. He also joined us up at Hank's to celebrate my friend Teresa's retirement from teaching. I was glad he got to come over. He watched Sam for me so I did not have to take her to the sotre. It was a HUGE help!!
BounceU is hanging in there, but sometimes it seems like just barely. Summertime is considered the slowest for the Birthday party business. Our open bounce business should see an increase - we hope. Summer Camp is not what we hoped it would be, but we are hoping that that will also get better as it gets a little hotter outside. We have started reading Business by the Book - which I highly recommend if you own your own business. It is basically about how to run a business that will glorify God. Todd has made it a little farther that I have because he took it on the plane, but I will catch up soon. We just have to keep trusting that God will see us through.
I have a feeling that Summer is ging to fly by. We have 3 weddings this summer, one in Houston, one in Tyler and the last in maine. I am really looking forward to that one mostly because I am excited about going to Maine. Todd is turning 40, so we(meaning me:)) are planning a big party to celebrate. I was hoping to do a whole pig for the Luau, but it is just gonna be way more than I can spend(my choices were $600 or $250 - while $250 is the better option, Todd doesn't love birthdays that much:)), so I am having to rethink my menu.
No comments:
Post a Comment