Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sam, piano and dancing

I was in the kitchen the other day and I heard the piano. When I went around the corner, I found Sam reaching up playing it. Her personality is really coming out lately. She loves to play chase. Todd chases her around and she just laughs and laughs. I am trying to catch it on video. She loves anytime that she spends with daddy. They have had more of that on Saturdays now, because Todd has been staying home with her. Her brought her up last week and she was in the workroom pushing the mop bucket around. It was too cute. Then she found the box of fruit snacks and she started moving them from the box to the bowl on the shelf above. She is just so inquisitive.
This past Sunday, Todd and I worked the nursery. Sam spent the majority of her class time pushing a little girl around the room in the walker. It was so cute!! She just loves to walk. She is still not doing it on her own, but she loves holding one hand and going to town. I took her Monday, to buy her first pair of real shoes. It was so cute. I took her up to Stride Rite and they measured her foot like a big girl. She wears a size 4 1/2 - boy would I have been way off.
Her other favorite thing to do is Dance. We catch her all the time dancing to music, or her videos. Anytime music is playing she starts doing her little jig.
A week from tomorrow she will be one. I just can't believe that it is here. My sweet baby girl has grown up. This time last year, we were trying to finish everything up (cooking for 200 people - what was I thinking??) How blessed I was to have such a trouble free pregnancy. She has truly been a blessing in our lives. She has the sweetest personality. I just couldn't have asked for anything better!!
Oh how life will be changing so very soon. She is so determined at everything she does, and oh so independent - but she was that way when she was born. I think it might be in her jeans:))
Anyway, here are a few pics to enjoy

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! She is such a good walker! Go Sam!

Amy said...

Actually... I don't usually "play beauty shop"... don't have time. But, I think she needs the extra one-on-one time and attention. And I think she likes it. :)