Thursday, December 11, 2008

Maggie Alaine Fails has arrived!

Sam and I went today down to Baylor Hospital to visit her newest friend. Maggie Alaine was born Thursday at 10:03am. She was 7lbs 7oz and 18 inches. She is such a cutie, and has such a great big sister!! Congrats to Toby, Lisa and Kylie.
Sam is moving more and more every day. She is exploring her hood. As you can see from the pictures, she is is venturing into more than one room. She stopped at the stairs, and thought about going up, but changed her mind. Her favorite thing to do now is crawl over to her basket of books, and pull them all out. We had to move Herculez' food and water because once she discovered them, she dumped the water bowl over twice.
We are learning the word "No". She likes to grab the books under the coffee table. I have been telling her no and now she seems to be catching on. It was so funny at first, because she would stick out her bottom lip and look up at me. I did have to spank her hand once, but Now when I say no she stops and moves onto something else. - And so it begins!!
She refuses to eat baby food anymore. She likes to chew things. She has been eating green beans, corn(although that is a little difficult for her to pick up on her own) chicken and beef fajita meat(I have been to busy to make her some meat so I bought pre-grilled chicken and beef. She eats all kids of small cut up fruit, yogurt and cheese. Tonight she at a whole chicken leg ( we had popeyes). She has also eaten pancakes and really liked those. I really don't think there is much she won't eat! In some ways it makes it easier because we can just feed her off of our plate, but in other ways it is harder because you really have to plan.
Tomorrow we are holding our first round of Bounce u interviews - pray that all goes well, and God will bring us just the right people to work with us.

No comments: