Monday, February 4, 2008

Shower Number 2, The Rodeo and 31 Week doctor update

This past weekend we had our second shower. Another wonderful event. We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family to help us prepare for Fifi's arrival. Once again we were overwhelmed with all the goodies. I never dreamed that anyone would actually buy the stroller that we registerd for. We just assumed we would use gift cards etc and get it ourselves. Needless to say we were super shocked when we opend it up. A big thank you to Lisa, Andrea, Tamara, Vickie and Brooke. You guys are awesome!!! However, we got it home and put it together to find out the the back wheels were missing:) We called Baby Planet and they are sending us the back wheels, then we will be ready to go. My other favorite gift was the cutest little crocheted sandals from Tamara. She always makes the sweetest things and these really take the cake. As you can see from the pictures, we got lots of cute clothes and other essentials that I am sure we will need.


Shannon came back to paint this weekend and as always, we are loving it!! I can't believe all that she has done. It is so much more than I would have ever expected. You can draw your own conclusions.


Sunday afternoon we went, after church, to FtW for an annual family tradition for me - The 112th Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo!! Yes it was also Super Bowl Sunday and the Bacchus parade(a Mardi Gras tradition in Todd's family). Unfortunately, we were not able to make it to New Orleans this year to join them. Back to the Rodeo - We have been going every year for as long as I can remember. It is one of my favorite childhood memories. I don't think in all my years going that I have ever taken pictures. So this year we did.


After the Rodeo, we went to Flower Mound to Mookies for a Super Bowl party. Go Giants!!

Now to the baby update - My appointment went well. Everything is still looking good. He said if I continue at the current rate, I am on track to have a 7lb baby. He also gave me the option to be induced early if I want. I chose to wait and let her come on her own. However, if she is not here by April 10th, they will induce me. He tried to determine what direction she was facing. Right now he seems to thinks she is laying sideways. He couldn't decide if it was her head or bottom sitting near my cervix. He was leaning more towards a bottom with her head more to the side. At my next appointment (almost 34 weeks) they will try again. If they can't tell, then they will do a quick sono to make sure she is head down. Please say a prayer that by that point in time she will turn herself around and be ready to go!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so sorry about your Target experience...sounds CRAZY! I'm glad to hear everything is going well with the baby...my 2 cents about inducing..DON'T if at all possible. I did and it was the worst experience...since then I've vowed to tell anyone that thinks about it to reconsider. It makes thinks SO difficult!! Also, regarding the position of the baby, if she doesn't turn, I know of a wonderful chiropractor who specialized in turning babies..website is www.newbeginningschiropractic.com
She's wonderful and has turned many babies I know.

Glad you are doing well! Hugs!!!

Amy said...

The room looks great! I can't wait to see it. I realized today after you left the NICU that I can't come right now because I can't climb stairs. I guess I'll have to wait a few weeks. :( I was hoping to get by there before the babies come home.