20 weeks - wow! It just seems so hard to believe that we are half way to the finish line:)) All I know is that these warmer temps we are having just reminds me how miserable this summer is going to be! BRING ON THE SHORTS!!! So far everything is going well. As usual, I have been overly busy and my body slowed me down last week:) Funny how it works that way.
The first weekend in March we headed down to the Big Easy for a little time with Todd's family and to celebrate Mardi Gras. This trip we took our friends with us. Unfortunately the rain, crazy traffic, closed restaurants and rescheduled parades derailed some of our plans, but in the end we enjoyed the time with friends and family.We also learned to appreciate more the difference between a Randazzo's king cake and all the rest - YUMMMMMMM(pics to come)
The 2nd weekend, I catered a wedding for 300 people. 1000 cake balls later and the wedding was a success just don't ever ask me to do that again:)) Although I would not have ever gotten it done without the help of my awesome friends and neighbors. Between those two weekends, I ended up spending about 5 hours on Monday with the Dr. I was having a few issues, so they sent me to the hospital to rule out preterm labor. After spending 5 hours just laying down and relaxing, everything calmed down and all is good. Because I was 19 weeks and not 20, I had to go through the ER. However, after being bumped numerous times for more important cases, they called the head of L&D and had me sent up there. It was just a little bit of a wake up to slow things down. In the end everything was fine, and God is good. Little Max is safe and sound and staying put for now. I am grateful for my wonderful friends that watched my girls instead of having our fun little picnic!! The rest of spring break the girls and I just tried to take it easy and find a few fun things to do. We made it to see Rango(definitely not the most family friendly movie out there), but the girls enjoyed it.
Now we are getting back to our regular routine, and I have got to get focused on cleaning things out for the garage sale!! Fortunately, we should be able to get a few things accomplished this weekend while Todd's parents are here. While getting ready for Sam's 3rd birthday(ahhh where has the time gone??? She is all about the princesses. Sam - when is your birthday? Lots of princesses!! No when? I don't know but I am having princesses and lots of them:)), we are also going to be moving beds and cleaning out furniture that no longer has a place. It is time to start getting serious about getting the nursery together before I get to big and it gets to hot to do it. Besides getting a room ready for Max, I need to get on the ball and finish putting Ali's room together. This is why I pick nursery themes that can grow, because I know I will never get around to changing anything:))
Thats about it for now. next week lots of pics as we celebrate our sweet Sam.
1 comment:
Great post. I think you should go with Lego for the theme. Devin's 10 and LOVES them still.
Post a Comment