Sunday, October 26, 2008

Where does the time go?

Trying to start a business kind of gets in the way of blogging:)
I feel like I am meeting myself coming and going these days. Lets see if I can catch you up:
Things are moving right along with BU. We hope to be closing at the end of this week, and the the ball with be out of control!! We are still scheduled to open Dec 13, so pray, pray, pray!! Todd has literally be working night and day to make it happen. While he has been dealing with one frustration after another, I have been lining up vendors. I was really excited after my meeting with chick-fil-a. They really are a class act company!! I have hired someone to help me do a little market research. now I just need to get her the info and we will be good to go.
Last Sunday, we went over to Mookie's to celebrate Leslie's b-day. Sam was on her best behavior and we all had an enjoyable time. She got spoiled that day - a little grilled chicken, green beans and some chocolate cake to top it off - Bad Michelle:)
Monday, Grandma came over and we went with some friends to the Arboretum. Sam's school had discount tickets, and it was Mommy and Me day. I got tickets for me and Sam, Kylie and Lisa, Elizabeth and Luke and Melanie and Anthony. Suzanne, Sarah and Amy were supposed to come, but Sarah and Amy had sick kids and Suzanne had to take McKinley to the ER - her life is just a little insane. We had a great time. I won the mother of the year award. I got Sam all propped up on a pumpkin and backed away to take her picture - she ended up face planting into the dirt. I then gave her to the 3 year old to hold:) She survived and all was well. We got some cute pictures - see below. The MILK group from church ended up joining us out there too.
The rest of the week was just crazy busy with Bounce U stuff. Friday evening, Sam and I went to Bunco. Todd had a lot of work to do on the loan, so I took her with me. She was soo good - completely unexpected:) She was thoroughly entertained by Kylie and Sophie - a good reason why you should have more than one child. I need to pay them to bring the girls over more often. She could have watched them all night. Although, it won't be too much longer before she is following them around. Yes, she is on the verge of crawling. One more thing for me to do - crawl proof my house. Oh yes, Tuesday morning when we woke up, I discovered Sam had finally gotten her first tooth. Life has been a little more pleasant now that it is in.
Saturday night, our community group got together with a couple of other groups for a Halloween party. Everyone looked so cute all dressed up. Thanks to the Hsiao's for hosting.
Today we decided to make it a lazy day. We worked the nursery at church and then went to second service - Boy that makes for a LONG day! It was 2:30, almost 3 by the time we got home. We just lounged around for the rest of the day. We had a million things to do, but we decided to take it easy and gear up for next week.
Here are a few more pics from Sam's 6 month photo shoot:

I just love this one

She loves her Daddy

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love that one of Todd & Sam, too!

So glad you had the meeting with chik-fil-a! I promise that will be a crowd-pleaser. I've been craving it myself for weeks, now.

What about New Years Eve at Bounce U? That could be fun....

Me, Myself, and I said...

New Years Eve....GREAT IDEA! Bouncing with beverages?