She has a very sweet teacher - Mrs. Denvir - and she is from France. We just need to work on her learning to actually play with the kids and not just the teacher. Apparently, she tends to monopolize the teachers time and doesn't want to play with the kids.
I know all that will work itself out over time. After this week at school we realized that we need to get her started in play therapy soon. We are excited about the therapist we found. She came highly recommended to us, and I think this will be a good thing for all of us.
Last weekend, we got the opportunity to take the girls to the Rangers vs Yankees game. It was so much fun experiencing it through the girls eyes. We took lots of snacks to keep them occupied, and I promised if they ate a good dinner(which we ate in the car on the way over) they could have some Cotton candy. That was my favorite thing about going to the games when I was a kid - my mom would take wet wash cloths to clean us up. They were so cute as they waited patiently for the lady to make her way around to us - which never happened and I finally had to go and get it. She was taking WAY to long.
I know all that will work itself out over time. After this week at school we realized that we need to get her started in play therapy soon. We are excited about the therapist we found. She came highly recommended to us, and I think this will be a good thing for all of us.
Last weekend, we got the opportunity to take the girls to the Rangers vs Yankees game. It was so much fun experiencing it through the girls eyes. We took lots of snacks to keep them occupied, and I promised if they ate a good dinner(which we ate in the car on the way over) they could have some Cotton candy. That was my favorite thing about going to the games when I was a kid - my mom would take wet wash cloths to clean us up. They were so cute as they waited patiently for the lady to make her way around to us - which never happened and I finally had to go and get it. She was taking WAY to long.
It was a fun family outing, so thanks to Chris and Carrie for setting it up!
Our first court date is is set for September 30th. At that point, we should know more about where we go next. We are praying that the court will do what our attorneys have ask for, as this will speed the process up a bit. We continue to trust that God is in control and know that it will all work out according to his plan.
I am very excited about what the coming months will bring. The girls and I have started a Bible study at Woodcreek church. it is called the amazing collection . Over the next 9 months we will be working our way through the first 1/3 of the Bible. While I am doing that, the girls will be doing the amazing adventure for kids and working through Romans to Revelation. Then on 2 Fridays a month we have joined as MOPS group. I am really looking forward to this as we haven't ever done it before.
We are also so excited that we will be taking a cruise this year for Christmas. My parents are taking our entire family for the week between Christmas and New Years. This is going to be a great time for all o us to spend some time together as a family. Todd and my parents are the only ones that have ever done a cruise, so the rest of us just won't know any better:)
1 comment:
Your girls are precious. Love it. So, how did the court day go today?
Post a Comment