Monday, November 2, 2009

Fall and 19 months

Another month has passed, so hard to believe. Life is so busy, but one day I just know it will slow down:) or not! Sam is now 19 months old, and we have been up to quite a bit this last month. We had a very wet, but successful Notional Night Out in our neighborhood. Sam discovered her first water puddle and had a ball playing in it. Everything from her head to her toes was soaked. I finally had to put her tennis shoes in the dryer after 2 days of not drying out! She also had fun exploring the fire truck that came out.

We also made a trip to the arboretum with Lisa, Kylie and Maggie. We were also joined by my friend Cindy and her twins, Ryan and Emerson. I have to say she has had better trips, but it was still fun. She actually fed the fish this time instead of trying to eat the bread herself. Progress!! We bought a membership this time, so we can go back whenever we like.

She is becoming more "helpful" everyday. At least she really likes to try. She likes to help me take the groceries out of the basket and put them on the belt at the store. Her latest thing is to pull the stool over to the cabinet where I am to help me. I have to be careful what I lay down now, because she will "help" with everything. She almost got a hold of my big chefs knife the other day. - AHHHHH

I was really looking forward to Halloween this year. Unfortunately, the flu struck our household, and I did not get to enjoy it. I really thought Sam would have a lot of fun with it this year. We also had our first Boo Bounce scheduled at the store. That went well, but I was sad to have missed it. We sent Sam over to my parents house to hopefully avoid her getting sick. So far it appears to have been a good call. She got to go to one of Taylor's volleyball games. Taylor is by far one of her favorite people. We went over last Tuesday to see Ryan play football, and she was loving her some T time. I can't ever get her to hold my hand, but I told her to hold T's and she ran right over and grabbed it. Aunt Andrea tried to get her to share her popcorn with her, but she would only share with Taylor. Those two already have a bond - It is so cute!!
Anyway, for Halloween she was a 50's bobby socker. I had put her costume on her once to take a picture, but I did not get to see her that night. My parents took pics, but I haven't seen them yet. They had an HOA festival in their neighborhood, and then they went over to my sisters church event. Apparently Sam was queen of the bounce house:)) I wonder why? mom said the other kids were falling down and she was swaying back and forth. i have no idea where she might have learned that.
Once that got back home, she had a great time with the trick or treaters. They had put 4 big buckets out on the front porch, and Sam stood at the glass door talking and blowing kisses to them. Mom said every time they left she would get very upset.

Music is going better. She is finally starting to participate - Marching in a circle, and playing some of the games. They taught them a little prayer that we say every night before we go to bed. It is so sweet. You tell her to that we are going to pray and she puts her hands together and closes her eyes. - I love it!!

While she talks all the time, there is still a lot we don't understand, but I know she understands everything we say to her. She is also starting to point things out in the books that we read - some of them I am shocked she knows who or what they are. Just goes to show how much of a sponge their little minds are. Mom said they were putting a puzzle together, and after mom put the first piece in, Sam said "good job!" Obviously I tell her that a lot:))

At her 18 months appointment the dr. said that if we did not have a "potty" yet we should at least get one. I thoguth Oh No! really? is it already time for that? We bought one and she lvoes to go in and sit on it. So I think for now we are just going to let her see it and get used to it. Maybe in the spring when we can go outside, bare bottom, we will really work on it.

I guess that is about it for now. Here are a few pics from the last month. When i get the ones from Halloween, i will add them.

No comments: